Here she is picking out her little goat. Right after I took this picture she gave one of the goats a great big kiss on the mouth...so gross, but a little bit cute too.
We got a little black and white pygmy goat and we named him Guster (Gus for short). Lindsey is baby talking to Gus and telling him how much she loves him. It was pretty traumatic when we took the poor little guy away from his mother. He's only as old as Ashley after all. He cried and she cried. I almost cried and I assured the poor mother goat that I would take good care of him and that he wasn't going to be eaten. When we got the little guy home, he was still crying. He cried all day and all night. So I thought may be he needed and friend and put the dogs in the pen with him. I was right! Gus instantly warmed up to Thor and now Thor is his make shift Mommy. Gus follows him around everywhere and even snuggles with him every chance he gets. So cute!
He is still looking for his mother though. His mother was black and white and I think Gus thought Lindsey's toy horse might be her. When he saw the horse he got pretty excited and wanted to come in to see her.
Are you my Mother? Pretty much anything black and white catches his eye.
Good thing he has Thor.
Here is some footage of Gus. The first 20 seconds is of the first day he was here. He was pretty sad and scared and Lindsey and I couldn't catch him even though we chased him all morning. Who knew goats were so fast! The second part is his second day with us. He warmed up to Lindsey enough to let her pet him. The last part is his third day. He has found his niche with our doggies and has really warmed up to us too. He is going to be a great addition to our little zoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment