My first day of nursing school was on Tuesday. This is the picture that is on my student ID. I was trying to look really determined and responsible but ended up just looking frightened.
I have a long, crazy first day story. So I drop Lindsey off at her sweet Aunt Kelli's house and I was running a tinsy bit late. I had to hurry because the instructor had emailed us to get to class early for our clinical assignments. When I got into my car, I realized I was practically out of gas so I stopped at a GHETTO gas station on the way. It was the first time I'd put gas in the Blazer so of course I pulled up to the wrong side of the pump. In the process of flipping the car around to get to the right side of the pump, I managed to anger a mean man who looked something like this.
When I pulled out onto the road to continue driving to nursing school he cut me off and proceeded to drive at least 10 miles under the speed limit. When I tried to pass him he swerved in front of me so I was stuck behind him for a few miles until I got to the freeway. By this time I was really flustered and I knew I was going to be late. I got to the freeway and I couldn't remember if I was supposed to go South or North! Ahhhhhh! I frantically called Elliot but he couldn't answer his phone so I had to guess. Luckily I guessed right. Once I got to campus I was 7 minutes late. So I started running as fast as I could and my flip flop broke.
3 comments:
I believe I have seen that man before. I don't get where these people come from, but they always manage to come out of the woodwwork whenever I am running late! It's so frustrating! They should have a "I'm running late for work/school/appointment get the freak out of my way" lane on the freeway.
My belly hurts laughing. Sorry you had a bad day but it sure did make for a good story.
Didn't Elliot teach you to brandish your piece whenever someone is giving you guff on the roadways? It seemed to always work for him!
Post a Comment