Elliot, Warren and I put sod in our backyard yesterday. Thanks a bunch guys! It makes me so happy to have a lawn. A little bit of lush green grass I can call my own makes me smile inside since I live in such a dusty desert. Now the challenge is to keep it green!
Unfortunately, I am not the only one enjoying the new lawn. Elliot ran into a tarantula in our backyard last night. A TARANTULA! Elliot killed it (my hero!) but it was very hard for me to go to sleep last night because I kept wondering if the tarantula he killed had a wife that was going to sneak into our house and kill me to avenge her husbands death.
To help me fall asleep, I told Elliot how scared I was of this horrible, hairy monster and looked to him for words of comfort. So he lovingly said, "Kristin, you shouldn't be scared of tarantulas. They aren't poisonous." Whew. Good news, but then he continued, "black widows are what you should be scared of. They're poisonous, faster and there's a lot more of them around here." Geeeez. He sure does know how to put all my fears at ease.
I still love my lawn though. All these scary spiders can't take that away from me.
4 comments:
Husbands always have just the right things to say!
Funny story. Mean Elliot and tarantulas. The lawn looks so good. I love!!! grass. I always have loved grass and before Sam applied here I didn't want to come to AZ because I thought it was ugly because there is no grass! Lol. Kelly told me you are throwing a party at your house for Warren's graduation and I'm way excited to see your house-and green grass!
So I read this a few days ago and had a nightmare about that terriable spider you have pictured below. I think it also had to do with Brad wanting to sleep with the windows open and I told him that I was worried about spiders coming in the window. Yes you could say that I live in fear.
Post a Comment